Building a good LinkedIn profile takes time, however there are some simple steps that can take your profile to the next level in not even half an hour.
1. Recommendations (10 minutes): request recommendations from previous managers and colleagues for the different positions you have had. Try to get at least one recommendation for each previous position by simply using LinkedIn´s “request a recommendation” function and writing a few lines to the respective person.
2. Personalize your URL (3 minutes): by default your profile link will be a random combination of characters, however you can make a customized profile URL that is easier to share. To do this go to Settings > Edit Public Profile > Customize your Public Profile URL.
3. Link in email signature (3 minutes): include a link to your LinkedIn profile in your email signature and in your CV.
4. Follow influencers (5 minutes): in order to stay up to date on what is happening in your industry make sure to follow some influencers in your current industry/area or any industry/area you´re interested in.
5. Update your tagline (5 minutes): instead of simply using your current job title as your tagline on LinkedIn try to be a bit more original by using a catchy phrase. Doesn´t “Creates innovative campaigns that increase the reach & impact of your message” sound much better than “Marketing professional”? Or “Transforming customers into Amazing Recruiters” instead of “Business Development Analyst”? (Ok, coming up with this tagline will probably take a bit longer than just 5 minutes ☺)
With these 5 simple steps you can make some improvements to your current LinkedIn profile very quickly, so what are you waiting for?
If you want to give your LinkedIn a complete make-over or if your profile is out-dated and these simple steps are not enough, check out how cvandgo can help you at http://cvandgo.com/en/services/linkedin-profile/